East Peak Innovation Partnership
The East Peak Innovation Partnership area includes four local authority areas (Sheffield, Barnsley, Kirklees, and the Peak District National Park) and two City Regions (Sheffield and Leeds).
The LAG area includes communities in rural north Sheffield, Penistone and its surrounding area and two Kirklees parishes – Denby Dale and Kirkburton.
The East Peak Innovation Partnership brings together people and organizations who, for the most part, have not worked together before.
Local Innovation Groups (covering rural North Sheffield, Penistone and District and Denby Dale and Kirkburton) have been established.
These groups are considering and developing project ideas and draw membership from a wide range of community-based organizations as well as the statutory and business sectors.
Projects / Activities
To achieve the biggest impact, the Partnership has to be strategic in the projects it develops. It is also a requirement that projects should not be stand alone but part of an integrated programme of activity. To this end, the Partnership has devised strategic themes to guide project development. The agreed themes for the LEADER programme are:
- Marketing and promotion of the East Peak.
- Access and development of the countryside, tourism, culture and heritage.
- Support and development of the local rural economy.
- Adding value to the environment and landscape.
The strategic aims of the East Peak LEADER programme are:
- To create a new “identity” unifying the East Peak area as a brand, providing enhanced marketing and added value to local products and events.
- To provide a quality experience of East Peak destinations and activities, contributing to the quality branding of the East Peak as a whole.
- To sustain rural services and to help rural businesses to be more profitable.
- To ensure a well managed natural environment linked to local communities.